It is designed to generate human-like text and can be used to perform a variety of language-based tasks, such as language translation, summarization, and question answering. It is trained on a massive dataset of texts from the internet allowing it to generate text that is difficult to distinguish from human-written text.
What Are Social Impacts of Chat-GPT?
- Can be used to create a chatbot that functions as a “chief compliance officer” for banks and it provides a great assistance.
- Quizzes that are generated automatically, a virtual teaching assistant, course descriptions, even learning objectives. The work of instructional designers and subject matter specialists often requires a lot of mental effort. If we “steer” the AI in the direction of our content, it can make it widely available.
- Recruitment, onboarding, training in sales, manufacturing, compliance, leadership development, even mentoring in both personal and professional spheres. The “expertise delivery” problem can be effectively solved by AI if you concentrate it on a reliable source of content (which most businesses have in abundance).
- Can be used to automate and translate in various languages the ‘Administrative Tasks’, provide healthcare recommendation to a user, or provide mental support in future.
- Although negative impacts could also be there if not controlled legally & ethically, like spread of harmful content, data theft, loss of face-to-face interaction & overdependence on technology.
Overall, it’s an amazing technology that is going to take content marketing forward and use of AI to fill in service and virtual assistance gaps. Though we must accept without proper legal and ethical control it has the potential to spread out negative misinformation worldwide.